This page is a help resource for users of Fast Secure Contact Form – PHP Script version. Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions
- Tip: How to center the form on your page
- Tip: Can I remove the “Powered By” link?
- Tip: How to change the label colors for the form input fields
- Tip: How to change the field colors for the form input fields
- Tip: How to set the width of the contact form fields
- Tip: How to change the submit button color, or add an image to it
- Tip: How to change required field indicators, or rename standard fields
- Denotes required field – how to remove this?
- How can I have Label and Field in the same row?
- Can I insert some HTML between fields?
- Is there a way to style the file attachment field and button?
- Can I add a PayPal button to the form?
- Tip: How to install the PHP Script version
- Tip: How to upgrade the PHP Script version
- Tip: How to use form preview while editing forms
- Tip: How to make a select for multiple E-mail recipients
- Tip: How to configure the Email Subject
- Tip: How to add extra fields
- Tip: How to add border fieldsets to the form
- Tip: How to add attachment fields
- How to make the email field required twice?
- Tip: How to add an Email autoresponder to my form
- How to Backup or Restore my forms?
- Tip: Passing query string parameters to contact form page
- Tip: Posted data can be sent as a query string on the redirect URL
- Tip: Send the posted form data to another site.
- Tip: How to add an “Are you sure?” form submit popup
- Tip: How to configure as a Newsletter Sign-up form
- How to add “Agree to Terms” checkbox
- Can the form send a copy to the originator?
- Why are there temporary PHP files in captcha-temp directory?
- Will you add reCAPTCHA instead of the CAPTCHA you have now?
- Can I use SMTP to send the email?
- What is the extra fields “Default” setting for?
- What is “secure” about Fast Secure Contact Form?
- Can I use the PHP form in a HTML web site?
- Problem: I do not receive email, email does not send, or always goes to the “Spam” folder. How to troubleshoot mail delivery.
- Problem: the autoresponder emails are not sent out.
- Tip: GoDaddy hosting and Fast Secure Contact Form
- Error: Attachment upload failed while moving file
- Error: Invalid HTTP_REFERER domain
- Why do I get error: Permission Denied
- Why is email delayed for a period of time?
- Problem: The redirect feature is not working.
- I am using the PHP version and I lost my login password.
- Problem: required field indicators are on separate lines
- Problem: error while installing – mb_detect_encoding is required, or Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding()
- Problem: CAPTCHA refresh button does not work
- Email problem with special characters: á, ñ, ä, ö, ü, é, à
- Problem: HTML validator: value of attribute “type” cannot be “email”
- Problem: Error – No email address field is set …
- Problem: settings cannot be saved
- Mail delivery failed: Yahoo.com DMARC Policy
- How to translate Fast Secure Contact Form – PHP Script
- How to update a translation of Fast Secure Contact Form – PHP Script
I just installed this and do not get any email from it, what could be wrong?
I need more than 4 contact forms, how do I increase the number of forms available?
On the plugin settings page, change “Number of available Multi-forms”, then click Update Options. For best performance, only change the number to the amount you actually need. It is OK to leave the default 4 forms though.
I need more than 8 extra form fields, how do I increase the number available?
On the plugin settings page, change “Number of available extra fields”, then click Update Options. For version 3.0.3 and up, the setting is individual for each form. Caution: Increase the number of extra fields as needed, but make sure you do not change to a lower number than what is being used on this form or some fields will be deleted.
What is “ERROR: Misconfigured E-mail address in options.”, what could be wrong?
First, make sure you have a valid “E-mail To:” set in options. This plugin uses an email validation check to make sure the email address has proper syntax and that a valid DNS record exists for the email domain name. If you have this error and you are sure your email address is correct, maybe your server is having trouble with the DNS check. I added a feature to the admin – edit forms page to disable the DNS check during email validation. You may have to uncheck this option: “Enable checking DNS records for the domain name when checking for a valid E-mail address.” Maybe the error will go away now.
Does this contact form use Akismet spam protection?
Yes, it checks the form input with Akismet, but only if Akismet is enabled with a registered key. You can configure Akismet in the admin – edit forms menu. (Akismet is not required, it will just skip the Akismet check if you do not have Akismet enabled.)
Can it send mail using SMTP?
Yes, see FAQ: Can I use SMTP to send the email?
Do I have to also install a CAPTCHA plugin for the CAPTCHA to work?
No, this plugin includes the CAPTCHA feature code for this contact form.
My question is not answered here.
If you find a problem, please first read the FAQ above, then if you still need help, submit a support ticket.Do you need help?
Send us a Donation: